As of this morning, there are still a few spotty areas without power in our township due to downed trees and power lines. For those residents, free gallon jugs of water are available at the Nockamixon Township building during regular business hours. Tinicum Township has also invited all Nockamixon residents still without power to bring their own containers to fill from the tanker truck currently located at the Tinicum Township building on Municipal Road at Hollow Horn Road.
Current and immediate future weather
There is sufficient instability and shear in the atmosphere today that the Storm Prediction Center has put our area at a general risk for severe storms through this evening. This means both organized strong storm clusters as well as potential severe supercell storms. Please keep your eyes to the sky today.
The Storm Prediction Center has also put our area at potential risk for a severe weather event over the Labor Day weekend, from Sunday into Monday. Please monitor your local weather news and keep your weather radio set to auto-alert if you’re planning any outdoor activities.
General Emergency Information
- Make a family emergency plan and make sure every member of your household understands and is able to implement it.
- Designate an out-of-town contact that everyone knows to call if they can’t get hold of each other. Generally, in emergency situations when cell service is disrupted, it’s easier to complete an out-of-town call than to make a connection inside the affected zone.
- Monitor this website, our Facebook page and our Twitter feed at @NoxEMAWxComm for the most immediate, ongoing updates.
- Watch/listen to your local news and weather on TV and radio.
- Keep fresh batteries for your NOAA All-Hazards Radio and keep it set to auto-alert when there’s a threat in your area.
- For all life-threatening emergencies, dial 9-1-1.
- For obstructions such as downed trees, wires or large rocks in the roadways, call the Doylestown PennDOT office for state highways, and our Township road crew for local roads. PennDOT emergencies, dial 5-1-1 or visit their website. Call Nockamixon Township office at 610-847-5058.
- If you must use candles for light, please don’t leave open flames unattended.